Pages

Friday 31 August 2012

The Prophet's supplication when he left Makkah


With this upcoming Eid and holidays ahead of us, I always remember the Prophet’s supplication before he departed from Makkah to Madeenah after hiding in the cave at Mount Thaur with his companion, Abu Bakar and where the Islamic year commenced thereafter. The Prophet’s supplication was so powerful I thought I'd share it with you. So powerful and sincere was his supplication that we cannot do it as eloquently today:

He commenced by invoking praises as he would usually do: All praise is for Allah, Who created me, prior to which time I was non-existent.

O Allah, help me overcome the terror of the world.
O Allah, help me overcome the vicissitudes of time and the hardships of the nights and days.
O Allah, be my Companion on my journey and my Successor over my family.
O Allah, bless me in that which You have provided for me
O Allah, make me humble to and for You and make me upright in character
O Allah, make me beloved to You
O Allah, do not make me dependent upon people,
O Allah, I seek refuge from Your anger befalling me and from Your Wrath descending upon me.
O Allah, I seek refuge with You from the termination of Your Favour, from the suddenness of Your wrath, from the departure of the good health that You bless me with and from all forms of Your wrath.
O Allah, it is Your right that I should strive to please you as much as I am able to, for there is neither might nor power except with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment