Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2018

I missed my Dad.

I missed my Dad.


I am not sad that he is gone, for such is the Will of Allah. For everything there is an end. His end had come.


What saddens me is the lost opportunities to be a better son, to honour him, the unsaid things, the times not spent together.


But I cherished my memories with him. The still vivid earliest memory of watching my Dad preparing my milk feed in the kitchen. It was late night. I might be 3-4 years old? The memories of praying with him, playing football with him, watching him fishing, watching him making the kites for my school project late at night, of going to school with him just after fajr riding on a vespa, of him coming home limping with bloody knees after falling off his outrider bike and many many more.


I love him.


To those who still have their moms and dads around, do not waste your time and opportunity to be of service to them.


Once they are gone, you can only reminisce and regret at those missed opportunities. Nothing can bring them back.


O Allah! Bless my parents soul, forgive their sins, place them among the pious. Have pity on them just as they pitied us when we were small. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment